KNIFE OVER ROLL COATING
· Commonly used for high viscosity coatings with high coat weights.
· Offers a low cost solution.
· Suitable for a wide range of products and substrates.
· Can coat on uneven surfaces such as textiles and woven fibres.
· Precision machined, tool steel coating knife carried above precision machined roller. The roller is commonly heated.
· Coat weight varied by adjusting the gap between the coating knife and backing roller.
· Coating applied to substrate and metered off by coating knife.
· Adjustable side dope cheeks are used to control the coating width and eliminate over running of coating at both sides of the web.